Well, last Monday we moved into our new home. It was a very busy time and it went so much smoother thanks to our family. Grammy Ruth graciously came to stay for almost a week and watched the kids. It helps to have a "pro" around! Jim and Tarri came in on Sunday like knights in shining armour to help with the painting. To put it into perspective, I spent the entire day on Saturday painting one coat in the babies' room and 1 1/2 coats on the trim. Jim and Tarri were here for about 4 hours and they finished the babies' room and got two coats on the other two bedrooms. I was just lost, and they (along with Dad!) really came to my rescue.
Tarri was a big star during the week with helping me get packed, organized, moved, painted.... is there anything this woman can't do? Hmmmm I don't think she takes out the trash. But I bet she could do it if she wanted to! So the move is almost done, just a few odds and ends in the old house and a handful of boxes here in the new one.
I also wanted to take the time to thank all the people who helped us out during this frantic time.
Grammy Ruth - we could not have gotten much done without you here to take care of the kids. It was so nice not to have to worry about them because they were in the hands of a pro!
Tarri -- can I even say more? You were my guardian angel!
Jim - Painter extraordinaire!! and a great referral service!
Dad -- for everything, painting and the movers!
Mom - for helping not lose it! You are my rock!
Ken - For the great furniture. Only you could have provided a kitchenette set as well as bedroom furniture. And you were right. It is a vanity!!
My new neighbors - for making sure we moved into a home with a mowed lawn! And putting together that climber without any instructions. I am so excited to have such great new neighbors!
The movers - who pointed out the overflowing gutter so we could take care of it!
And I can not forget all our prior neighbors: Patty, Jaci, Joe, Steve, Julie, Rodney and Cathy. Thank you so much for the coming to Patty's party to send us off on such a high note. I am so sad to leave, but happy to be able to host many A-team parties in the future.
Thank you to everyone, and those I have forgotten to list (the brain is mush!) for such a great move. We love our new house and can not wait for the first of many gatherings of friends and family!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment