Saturday, October 18, 2008

Township Fall Festival





In our new township, they held a Fall Festival today. There were pony rides, moon bounces, face painting and an area to make scarecrows. One of our favorite neighbors, Shane, was working with the scarecrows! All three kids took solo pony rides -- and the white one was a horse... a big one! Christian and Daddy had a great time with Shane making the scarecrows while Ben tried to help and Maddie wanted to play in the little stream that Mommy had not allowed her to see prior to today. Cousin Paityn and Aunt Tarri were there -- of course! And we all had fun eating popcorn and dancing to the kiddie band that was there too. It was such fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! You said it was a big "pony" but wow!!! I am surprised the kids weren't scared. Awesome pictures!!

Vanessa said...

Thanks Bridget! It has been a while since I stood next to a horse, but that bad boy was HUGE! His name is Bob and he kept dipping his head to eat the freshly cut grass. His handler kept trying to pull him up, but he was instistent! I was cracking up and holding my breath that Ben would not fall off all at the same time!

Mom to Mads said...

Just catching up on what your gang has been up too. They are getting so big, and I can't believe how long Madeline's hair is! Wow.

They are as cute as ever. I hope that everyone is doing well! We need to schedule a playdate soon!

Vanessa said...

I know! I am not sure if I should cut it or not. No one else seems to have such long hair!! and she is so sqirmy when I try to pull it up or put a barrette in it!

Mom to Mads said...

We've been doing pigtails with Madeline lately! Keeps the hair out of her face. She was not keen on barrettes and such either at first, but if you keep doing it each day, soon they'll stop fighting you on it.