I am sitting in the sun room checking email as I have sent the little cherubs out into the yard. As with most things, we started with a time out for throwing sand, Maddie's favorite pastime. Then we talked about keeping the sand IN the sandbox. Another time out and then bliss...
Maddie played quietly in the sand box while Ben threw stick into a bush.
"Mommy look!"
"What are you doing Ben?"
"I throw stick!"
"Why?"
"Because"
"Because why?"
"Ummm..... because."
"OK."
Next came a visit from the water meter reader. Maddie walked right up to him and hugged his legs. Is this the same child who screeches "NO!" whenever a member of her family tries to hug or kiss her? I guess you need to be someone new.
From there we moved onto the sun room where a toy workbench/table saw was the latest and greatest thing. They took turns saying "hi" to each other through the holes in the cork board back. On to the saw and then back to saying "hi" through the cork board again.
In the midst, I sneezed. Maddie just said "Bless you" for the first time today. She may learn manners yet. I am so proud. I still melt a little when Ben says "thank you" or answers with a "you're welcome". Little steps. Little steps.
Now back outside where we played our favorite game of "Mommy is going to get you!" Lots of giggles and scampering about.... such fun.
At 12:30 they walked right into the sun room and into the house. No screaming, no fits, just walked right in for a drink and lunch. This morning has been as close to perfect as I would ever want. I just had to type in all in for future appreciation.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment