Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

Ben did the cutest thing today. Maddie got her finger stuck in the dishwasher door. (Mommy did not see her there and tried to shut it. Bad Mommy!!!) She was howling! I took her over to a chair and tried to sit with her and an ice pack, but she would have none of it. Ben -- no prompting! - went over to the freezer and started taking out different frozen packs and brought them to me. First was a teething ring which Maddie held onto for about a second and started crying again. Then he brought over Boo-Boo Bunny and the Eagles ice pack. By the time he was done he had picked out all the boo-boo things in the freezer and brought them to me.

I started worrying how I was going to get the freezer shut before everything defrosted and wouldn't you know it! Ben went over and closed the door, wiped his hands together (as if to say... my work is done here) and came over to see how his sister was doing. He had never done this before and never shown much interest in the freezer before. What a great little boy! I just stunned.

1 comment:

Mom to Mads said...

OMG, how adorable is that??? He is such a sweetie.

I cannot wait to see you guys, it's been way, way too long Vanessa. Let's try to get together soon.